This course is developed by the Cisco Networking Academy. Cisco Networking Academy is an IT skills and career building program that connects millions of students, educators, and employers worldwide. Cisco partners with learning institutions worldwide to deliver technical training and problem-solving experiences to individuals studying networking, security, and IoT technologies. We've helped more than 6 million people prepare for IT careers since 1997.
Have you ever wondered how you are able to open a web page from a server that is located in another country or how you are able to send documents and videos to the intended recipient without it going to the wrong device? In this course, you will be introduced to the fundamentals concepts of computer networking. More importantly, by the end of this course, you will understand how data travels in your home network.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
1. Explain how data networks work.
2. Define basic data networking terms.
3. Explain what is needed for devices to have network connectivity or Internet access.
4. Use the Cisco Packet Tracer simulation and modeling tool to build and test a small data network.
5. Identify the devices and component on your home network.
6. Build a simple peer-to-peer network.