The course is divided into 4 modules, ‘Who is an Entrepreneur’, ‘Managing the Entrepreneurial Process’, 'Entrepreneurial Enterprises’ and ‘Family Business’. Each module is designed to explore and expand on key elements, assumptions and processes that are essential to the success of a business. Each module builds on the other, eventually painting an integrated picture of the commercial world, and highlighting the strategies that need to be applied to succeed in that world.
What will I learn?
Where could this lead me?
- Entrepreneurial characteristics and psychology
- The influence of national characteristics
- Migrant entrepreneurs
- What is leadership/what is management
- Leadership characteristics
- The role of power/politics and negotiation
- Conflict and creativity
- Communication theory
- Types of entrepreneurial businesses
- Funding strategies
- Business plans
- Managing people and growth
- The role of marketing
- What is a family business
- The roles of the incumbent, successor, and non-family employees
- Managing the family while managing the business
- Surviving succession
If you're wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers you could head towards.
- Managerial positions
- Both community and business leadership roles
- Family business leaders