Despite all the changes in teaching and learning over the last 30 years, there has been one constant for both the teacher and learner, and that is the importance of working in a safe and accountable learning environment.
We’ll look at how to engage our learners through collaborative learning, instructional skills and design, as well as looking at the role technology is playing in terms of promoting engaged learning environments. We’ll explore the importance of creating a safe and accountable learning environment; observe an experienced teacher who works with instructional skills and tactics to promote safe and accountable learning environments.What will I learn?
- How to define and create a safe and accountable learning environment
- Examine the working factors of teaching
- Identify instructional skills & tactics that promote a safe and accountable learning environment
- Identify elements of instructional design
- Reflect on the role technology is playing in the learning environment
- Demonstrate reflective practice as a teacher or facilitator, and a learner
This course requires approximately 2 - 4 hours of study per week, but can vary depending on the student. This includes watching videos, and taking quizzes and assessments.
If you pass this course you'll receive a Certificate of Achievement. While this certificate isn't a formal qualification or credit, you can use it to demonstrate your interest in learning about this area to potential employers or educational institutions.Where could this lead me?
If you're wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers you could head towards.