Psychology of Popularity
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill via Coursera
- How is Popularity Affecting Your Life as an Adult?
- We will review how popularity is changing your social information processing and DNA expression.
- How Do We Study Popularity Scientifically?
- We will discuss the ways that we have identified different subgroups of kids and adults who have
different popularity profiles.
- Why are Some People More Popular Than Others? (Part 1)
- We will discuss what behaviors popular people engage in, and what types of specific behaviors make
people unpopular almost immediately. Implications for adult relationships will be discussed.
- Why are Some People More Popular Than Others? (Part 2)
- We will review why facial and body attractiveness plays a role in popularity and how parents can make
their children more popular.
- How Does Popularity Change Our Mood, Feelings, and Behaviors? (Part 1)
- We will discuss recent findings regarding the links between popularity and psychopathology.
- How Does Popularity Change Our Mood, Feelings, and Behaviors? (Part 2)
- We will review why popular people really do have better skills and life outcomes compared to others.
4.2 rating, based on 10 Class Central reviews
4.7 rating at Coursera based on 963 ratings
This offering opened my eyes to how impactful your peer/social standing was in childhood to your current disposition. Notably, there is a great room for research especially in non-Western or non-North American settings, and these findings should guide both policy and how we treat others on a daily basis.
Anonymous completed this course.Brilliant! It changed the way I think about popularity and social behavior.It gives the causes and the solutions for various problems and helps all of us to make the improvements we need.
Taich is taking this course right now and found the course difficulty to be easy.I dropped this course. While there was some good information in the lessons I did listen to, it was pretty basic stuff. Well into the second week the term 'popularity' had yet to be defined for the purposes of the course.
Pedro Lopes Bouças completed this course.
Wc Pen is taking this course right now.
Lee Plumbe completed this course.
Алексей Аверченко completed this course.
Mike Howe completed this course.
Sławomir Jasica completed this course.
Julie Gil completed this course.