My name is Olaf. I am a do-it-yourself filmmaker with a two-decade experience. In this class, I'll share all the tools that I've learned by completing twelve feature films. In this step-by-step guide to Indie Filmmaking, you'll teach yourself how to complete a short film independently through manageable action steps.
This class is for anyone who is starting or has done a couple of film projects; in either case, this class will deepen your understanding of creative filmmaking. Your Class Project is doing a 1-3 minute short film.
Every filmmaker is unique, and because of that, I'll share the fundamentals of what I've learned - for you to develop your optimal workflow. All you need for this class is a camera, something to write on, and a computer to edit your film. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this class:
- Experience hands-on a complete production cycle of a film project
- The fundamentals of filmmaking
- Develop your personal style as a visual storyteller
- Receive tips that can save you from unnecessary agony
- Complete a film on a micro-budget
Everything starts with your Idea, and that's where we'll start. We'll dive into tools like Theme and Genre to extract it. We'll explore how to Outline before you start writing your Screenplay. We'll discuss Production, Cinematography, and Directing before hitting the post-production phase.
This course will not only demystify the filmmaking process, but it'll also illuminate your creative strengths and help you identify areas of improvement as an Indie Filmmaker.
This class comes with a certificate. When you've completed your film, you can send it to me for review and you'll receive a confirmation of completion.
- "Olaf's experience and compassion is a unique resource for all who are open and ready" Giancarlo Esposito, actor, Breaking Bad
- "Olaf's coaching helped me realize I was ready to write my first film. What for many years seemed daunting, became possible because of his expertise and warrior spirit." Suilma Rodriguez, actress
- "Olaf's ability to see beyond the surface is like conjuring. I am forever grateful for his pragmatic, and expansive guidance." Jesse Megan Eidsness, CEO of Wild Love Apothecary
- "I mentored Olaf and I'm happy he's spreading his wisdom" Dr. Jeff Spencer, The Cornerman Coach