7 weeks long, 24 hours worth of material
Risk Identification, Monitoring, and Analysis: In the Risk Identification, Monitoring, and Analysis session, you will learn how to identify, measure, and control losses associated with adverse events. You will review, analyze, select, and evaluate safeguards for mitigating risk.You will learn processes for collecting information, providing methods of identifying security events, assigning priority levels, taking the appropriate actions, and reporting the findings to the correct individuals. After collection of the details from monitoring, we can analyze to determine if the system is being operated in accordance with accepted industry practices, and in compliance with organization policies and procedures.
Incident Response and Recovery: In the Incident Response and Recovery Session, you will gain an understanding of how to handle incidents using consistent, applied approaches in order to resolve. Once an incident is identified, action will be necessary in order to resolve. We will examine processes such as damage recovery, data integrity and preservation, and the collection, handling, reporting, and prevention. You will be introduced to the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) concepts and how they can be utilized in order to mitigate damages, recover business operations, and avoid critical business interruption. Through the use of the DRP, you will understand the procedures for emergency response and post-disaster recovery.
1. Describe the risk management process
2. Perform security assessment activities
3. Describe processes for operating and maintaining monitoring systems
4. Identify events of interest
5. Describe the various source systems
6. Interpret reporting findings from monitoring results
7. Describe the incident handling process
8. Contribute to the incident handling process based upon role within the organization
9. Describe the supporting role in forensics investigation processes
10. Describe the supporting role in the business continuity planning process
11. Describe the supporting role in the disaster recovery planning process