- The Course is designed for students as well as executives and common people who want to gain basics of Finance.
- The course is offered under ‘Cafeteria’ approach for the students under CBCS.
- This would help non-finance students to gain basics of Finance and develop ‘Finance Sense’.
- The illustrative Course Contents would be as follows:
1. Basic Accounting Concepts, Financial Statements,
2. Financial Statement Analysis, Budgeting, Capital Budgeting, (CAPEX / OPEX), Sources of Finance, Time Value of Money.
Week 1: Basics of Finance & Financial Statements
Week 2: Financial Statement Analysis – I
Week 3: Financial Statement Analysis – II
Week 4: Budgeting
Week 5: Sources & uses of Funds
Week 6: Sources of Long Term Finance
Week 7: Capital Budgeting
Week 8: Working Capital
Week 9: Time Value Money
Week 10: Cost Concepts & Profit Planning
Week 11: Emerging Financial Services
Week 12: Merger & Acquisition