1. To learn the fundamentals of Operating Systems.
2. To learn the mechanisms of OS to handle processes and threads and their communication
3. To learn the mechanisms involved in memory management in contemporary OS
4. To gain knowledge on distributed operating system concepts that includes architecture, Mutual exclusion algorithms, deadlock detection algorithms and agreement protocols
5. To know the components and management aspects of concurrency Process management.
6. To know the file concepts, types and its organization in the memory
7. To learn programmatically to implement simple OS mechanisms using Unix Shell scripts
COURSE LAYOUTWeek 1 : Introduction of operating systems, components of operating system, Basics of I/O operation,Multi-processing, System calls, system booting process, Open source OS