INTENDED AUDIENCE :
- The course on Six-Sigma will focus on detailed strategic and operational issues of process improvement and variation reduction. Six-sigma is a measure of quality that strives for near perfection. It is a disciplined, data-driven approach for eliminating defects (driving towards six standard deviations between the mean and the nearest specification limit) in any process-from manufacturing to transactional and from product to service.
- A Six-sigma defect is anything outside of customer specifications. To be tagged Six Sigma, a process must not produce more than 3.4 defects per million opportunities.
- Six-sigma employs a systematic approach of DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) for the process improvement. This course will provide a detailed understanding on various issues specific to each phase of DMAIC.
- The course is designed with a practical orientation and includes cases, industry examples and MINITAB software applications.
- The course is designed to satisfy the need of both industry professionals and University students.
- The content is beneficial to both manufacturing and service industry.
Mechanical Engineering, MBA, Industrial EngineeringPREREQUISITES :
StatisticsINDUSTRY SUPPORT :
Manufacturing and Service Industry