The Core Activity of Continuous Improvement Every Team Member Should Know
What you'll learn:
- You will develop the attitudes and habits of team problem-solving that produce performance improvement.
- You will learn three models of problem-solving associated with Toyota Production System or "lean management."
- You will learn and apply a simple and direct approach to root cause analysis and situation analysis.
- You will develop and practice the skills of brainstorming and consensus reaching.
- You will practice a simple and effective model of action planning and follow through that is critical to achieving results.
Your personal success depends on your ability to lead teams! Great team leaders are promoted and are successful entrepreneurs. Leading teams is the critical competence for leaders at all levels today. And, problem-solving is the basic methodology that drives improvement by teams and lean organizations. This short course provides the basic skills and philosophy of effective problem solving. It is based on 45 years of experience developing teams and implementing lean management.
The course covers the following:
The Lean philosophy of problem-solving and continuous improvement.
Healthy attitudes toward problem solving.
Simple situation analysis.
Root cause analysis - the "five why's?"
Brainstorming causes of problems.
The PDCA problem solving model.
The A3 problem solving model.
The skill of brainstorming.
Pareto or the 80/20 rule.
Action-Planning and follow-up.