A guide to the skills of leading teams, communication and decision-making.
What you'll learn:
- 1. To gain an understanding of the essential skills and behavior of effective team leaders.
- 2. To practice those behaviors that lead to optimum participation and commitment to action by team members.
- 3. To learn the critical listening skills that are essential to all personal communications and to team leadership.
- 4. To understand when and how to use each of three decision-making styles: command, consultative and consensus.
- 5. To learn how to both give and receive feedback, or “straight-talk”, in a manner that leads of learning and continuous improvement.
- 6. To learn the critical skills of effective leading virtual teams to effective performance.
If you are an entrepreneur, a manager wanting to move up in responsibility, or someone who simply wants to work well with others, this course provides the essential skills of leading teams. You cannot succeed today without the skills of leading groups well.
The instructor has been developing teams and team leaders, from the CEO's of Fortune 500 companies, to front line teams in manufacturing plants, for the past forty years. He is the author of ten books on teams, leadership and lean management. He has worked with Honda and Toyota, Shell Oil Company, American Express and dozens of other corporations as well as small start ups. He has been the CEO of a consulting firm for twenty five years. In other words, he has a great deal of experience in team leadership and facilitation.
This course provides all of the essential skills of creating unity of energy and effort on a team; bring the team to consensus; and conducting virtual team meetings.
This course provides the knowledge and skills that will be essential to your capability as a leader.