Imagine a world without robust evidence, where governments carry out policy based on hunches and manufacturers release products without testing.
This program will further develop your research skills so you will be able to solve problems on a global scale and make evidence-based decisions. This program will use several case studies highlighting research at two of Australia’s leading research institutions, Deakin and Griffith Universities, to help you understand the real-world application of research methods and techniques.
During the program, you will:
- Use data to make evidence-based recommendations that address real world problems
- Assess various research approaches and perspectives in broadening your understanding of a problem
- Practise common research techniques including interviewing, coding and statistical analysis
- Develop a framework for ethical governance of a research project
- Plan the implementation of your own research project
You will be assessed on your development of a feasible research proposal, which you will work towards throughout the program by keeping a portfolio of potential research topics, approaches and refined research questions.
How to complete the program
This program is designed for flexibility and allow you to study at your own pace, just choose the dates that suit you best.
Once you have completed the first course Why Research Matters, you can fit the courses on Ethics, Experience and Numbers in any order around your busy schedule. We suggest you complete Why Planning your Research Matters last in order to help you prepare to submit your assessment which will be available at various times throughout the year.
Join this program now and plan when to study the courses and submit your final assessment.