EATEL’s European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL 2021) will be held from September 20 to 24, 2021. Originally set to take place in Bolzano, Italy, the event has gone fully online due to the pandemic, making it more accessible to a global audience.
Already in its 16th edition, the long-established conference brings together researchers, practitioners, and policy makers to explore technology-mediated education. This year, the event will focus on technology-enhanced learning “for a free, safe, and sustainable world”.
The conference will see the presentation of works ranging from posters, to workshops, to full research papers. The agenda will be structured around seven high-level topics:
- Pedagogical and theoretical underpinning
- Technological underpinning
- Individual, social & organisational learning processes
- Ethics, privacy, regulations and policies
- Learning communities and contexts
- Global teaching and learning
- Quality education for underrepresented groups
You can find a more detailed list of the conference topics here.
Keynotes & Program
Three keynote speakers have been confirmed:
- Georgi Dimitrov, head of digital education at the European Commission, who’ll talk about how the EU envisions the next decade of online education.
- Inge Molenaar, behavioral science professor at Radboud University, who’ll present a research perspective on technology-mediated learning.
- Dan Avida, CEO of the edtech startup Engageli, which he cofounded with Daphne Koller, the cofounder of Coursera.
Besides the keynotes, the conference program includes 20+ papers, 10+ workshops, 2 demonstration and poster sessions, and social events.
While the call for papers has ended, conference registrations remain open. You can find the conference website here, the full conference program here, and you may register for the conference here.