Build your knowledge of the processes used by farmers and food producers
Please note this course runs without facilitation
Have you ever wondered what makes food sustainable?
On this course, you’ll gain a better understanding of where our food comes from, how it’s produced, and the associated environmental, social and sustainability challenges for EU farmers.
As well as horticulture and arable farming, you’ll explore meat, dairy, and egg production, as you examine different farming systems. You’ll also learn about the innovative technologies available to farmers to boost sustainability so that you can better understand farming challenges, and how farming relates to your food purchases.
This course is designed for anyone interested in gaining an understanding of EU farming.
It will be particularly useful for professionals working in the food industry who have no background in agriculture.
If you’re looking to expand your knowledge on this topic, you might also find of interest the following EIT Food courses on food system, agriculture, and sustainability:
- Innovation in Arable Farming: Technologies for Sustainable Farming Systems
- Revolutionising The Food Chain With Technology
- Circular Business Models for Sustainable Urban Food Systems
- Farm to Fork: Sustainable Food Production in a Changing Environment
- The Regenerative Agriculture Revolution