- Setting the bar with style guides and design systems
1. What Are Style Guides and Design Systems?
- Communicating user experience standards
- More than just a couple of documents
- The design system
- The style guide
- Where to start
2. Style Guide Basics
- Why have a style guide?
- Who in a company uses a style guide?
- What about small companies?
3. What's in a Style Guide?
- Brand and company philosophy
- Defining your audience
- Personality and tone of voice
- Visual elements
- Links to resources
4. Creating Your Style Guide
- Check out your existing resources
- Get buy-in from relevant groups
- Start writing
- Promoting and enforcing the guide
5. Design System Basics
- Controlling interface chaos
- What a design system looks like
- Who is a design system for?
6. Components of a Design System
- Design philosophy
- Index of components
- Submission and commenting system
- The underlying process
7. Creating Your Design System
- Justifying the need
- Setting up a team to build your system
- Deciding on a platform
- Build, review, and release schedules
- Populating the system
- Socializing the idea
- Politics of adoption