This course equips you with critical content creation and management skills. You’ll learn how to create effective social media posts and how to create a strong brand to help you build a social media presence. You’ll also learn how to establish an ongoing process to manage your content. This includes setting up a content calendar, managing and moderating your posts, analyzing data for insights and iteration, and how to increase post effectiveness. You will end the course with real-world application of your skills through a content management project.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Establish and manage a social media presence
• Create a Facebook business page and an Instagram account for business
• Understand how and why to create content for social media
• Create a brand, tone, and voice for a social media presence
• Manage a content calendar for your social media presence
• Evaluate the performance of your content on social media and to iterate and optimize the performance
• Create a content calendar for your social media presence
• Manage social media content using real world data
This course is intended for people who want to learn how to create and manage a business presence on social media, including creating content, interacting and engaging with customers on social media and evaluating the results of different posts.
Learners don't need marketing experience, but they have basic internet navigation skills and are eager to participate and connect in social media. Having a Facebook or Instagram account helps and ideally learners already completed course 1 (Introduction to Social Media Marketing) in this program.
Establish Your Presence
In week 1, you will learn how to establish your business presence on social media, and practice doing so, and how to create a brand using the EPIC brand framework.
Social Media Content
This week you will learn the elements of a post and how to create one for a business using text and images effectively.
Social Media Content Management
This week you will learn how to identify what to post and manage your content. You'll also learn how to moderate social media conversations and you’ll practice building a content calendar.
Evaluate Your Efforts
This week you will learn how to evaluate and optimize your social media marketing efforts. You'll practice using real world data to improve on your posts and optimize your efforts.