With budgets for digital marketing constantly growing, organisations are facing a major skills shortage. The need for individuals who understand business combined with technical knowledge in Digital Marketing has never been greater. This course is based on European case studies showing current digital and social media marketing practices across Europe. Europe is one of the largest regions for digital and social marketing used but there are many local preferences and this course will help you to navigate these complexities. This course combines practical skills and theoretical knowledge with the goal of teaching you the skills to improve digital and social media marketing in organisations.
1. Why is Digital and Social Media Marketing important today and in the future? 1.1. Introduction to strategic planning 1.2 SWOT analysis 1.3. Developing SMART objectives for strategy and campaigns 1.4. Digital Business Maturity Model 1.5. The consumer journey to online purchase 1.6. Introduction to core concepts and technologies of digital and social media marketing 1.7. Introduction to online branding
2. Understanding the different nature of digital channels based on geographic, demographic and digital fit for a campaign 2.1 Search Engines - differences in countries - based on the case study examples 2.2 Social Media platforms differences in countries and how to they can be used 2.3 Email marketing and how it can be used 2.4 Affiliate marketing and how it can be used 2.5 Mobile marketing and how it could be used 2.6 Paid channels overview - search and social 2.7 Communities focused engagement
3. Buyer persona development 3.1 The importance of understanding who the target audience is and how search and social help to develop this understanding 3.2 Planning integration of search and social media 3.3 Keyword research for buyer persona 3.4 Social media channels for buyer persona 3.5 Develop keyword plan for a campaign 3.6 PPC keyword vs organic keyword plan 3.7 Develop social media editorial calendar
4. How campaigns fit into a wider implementation of the overall organisation strategy 4.1 Example company campaign plan 4.2 Key elements of campaign management - Gantt chart 4.3 Risk management 4.4 Digital project management tools and techniques 4.5 Project plan monitoring and review 4.6 Marketing automation 4.7 PPC campaign planning
5. Choosing the right digital profiles for the right audience 5.1 Facebook 5.2 YouTube 5.3 Twitter 5.4 LinkedIn 5.5 PPC optimisation 5.6 What makes content to go Viral? 5.7 How to create content viral?
6. The importance of ongoing monitoring and learning from your engagement 6.1 Understanding of Social Capital and its importance case study 6.2 Accessing data in Google Analytics 6.3 Accessing data from Facebook 6.4 Accessing data from Twitter 6.5 Using spreadsheets to analyse and populate reports 6.6 Learning from digital results 6.7 PPC report