The proliferation of digital technology gives businesses an unprecedented and diverse new set of tools to reach, engage, monitor, and respond to consumers. The aggregated and voluminous digital data can also be leveraged to better target specific consumer segments. Following “Digital Media and Marketing Principles,” this course aims to give you a deeper understanding of core processes of planning a digital marketing campaign and the role of various digital channels in integrated marketing communication.
You will be able to:
- Adopt a holistic and integrated approach to digital marketing planning
- Develop a purposeful content marketing strategy to achieve your business and marketing goals
- Effectively mix paid, earned, owned, and shared media channels to discover, reach, and engage your customers
- Critically evaluate the role social media platforms play in viral and influencer marketing campaigns
- Evaluate and measure the success of digital marketing campaigns
- Identify and manage risks in digital marketing
This course is part of Gies College of Business’s suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into the program and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/.
Course Orientation and Module 1: Setting Goals and Preparing Your Digital Assets
In this module, you will learn to strategically align business and marketing goals through strategic communication. You will also learn how to evaluate and prepare your digital assets for launching a digital campaign.
Online and Video Marketing
In this module, you will learn key concepts and tactical considerations in managing online advertising, search optimization, content-based marketing, and CRM to discover and reach prospective consumers.
Social and Email Marketing
In this module, you will learn the best ways to engage with audiences on social channels, social media strategy creation and execution, how to plan and execute an email campaign, and effective campaign measurement.
Putting It All Together for Your Digital Plan
In this module, you will learn how to strategically select the appropriate KPIs and metrics to evaluate digital campaign success. You will also learn about the challenges and pitfalls in digital marketing.