Strategic management is one of the most important "hard skills" in business management. In Strategic Management, you'll learn how you can manage businesses and projects proactively with a focus on long-term strategy, rather than reacting to day-to-day hiccups.
In this course, you'll learn about the role of strategic management in running a business, the difference between defensive and aggressive business strategies, taking a strategic position and recommending a strong business strategy. You'll also learn how to incorporate factors like competitor behaviour and market movements into your decision making.
What will I learn?
- The principles of strategic management, including:
- How organisations use strategic management
- Strategic management theories and processes
- How to apply Porters Five Forces Model and use it for business analysis
- Potential strategic positions for organisations
- Scanning, monitoring and analysing industries and markets for signs of strategic shift
- Competitive strategic management strategies, including:
- The bargaining power of buyers and suppliers
- Competitor analysis
- Management errors, including:
- Management biases, commitment errors, and reasoning errors
- How to improve strategic decision making
This course requires approximately 2 - 4 hours of study per week, but can vary depending on the student. This includes watching videos, and taking quizzes and assessments.
If you pass this course you'll receive a Certificate of Achievement. While this certificate isn't a formal qualification or credit, you can use it to demonstrate your interest in learning about this area to potential employers or educational institutions.
Where could this lead me?
If you're wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers you could head towards.
- Organisational manager
- Marketing manager
- Finance manager
- Chief executive
- Corporate service manager
- Development manager
- Senior manager
- Executive assistant
- Office administration assistant
- Office administrator